Tideland have created a suite of SOLACHAN (TM) products specifically to meet the exacting needs of Saudi Aramco for marking of their new and existing Offshore installations. These products fulfil the requirements for their AC supported and DC (Solar) systems but are equally suited to other similar applications.
Safe Area AC Solutions are considered the base variant and provide the best value to the end user where Hazardous Area Zone Classification is not required. They provide the same performance of the other variants but at a lower cost as uncertified components and assembly methods can be employed.
Safe Area Navaids are often used in temporary applications or to mark items such as causeways.
A General Marine Use (GMU) version of Tideland’s NOVA-65 Lantern is used for Safe Areas and consists of a plastic housing and toroidal lens with integral photocell, to provide a 5 Nautical Mile Range as standard. A 5 degree vertical divergence is specified as the lights are on fixed structures and this gives the highest range for the lowest power, typically 1.1w peak.
The lights run independently from the 12v 100Ah VRLA Gel Battery which provides the best possible power source for very small, long duration loads such as Navaids. The Battery is maintained by a small 12v battery charger housed in a weatherproof Stainless Steel Enclosure.
- Suitable for Safe Area Unlassified Areas
- Suitable for use in Temporary and Permanent Applications
- Maintenance free Tideland Nova-65 5 degree lantern (5NM Standard)
- 12v 100Ah Gel Battery in ventilated and insulated enclosure
- 12v 65w Battery Charger in Stainless Steel Enclosure with AC/Battery Circuit Breakers
- Wired with Marine Grade Unarmoured Cables and Offshore rated Plastic Cable Glands
- Pedestals – Cost effective Galvanised Steel
- Hard Wire and GPS Sync standard
- >200 Days Autonomy for standard light at Morse U 15s
- Separated Power and Sync field cable Junction boxes for safety
- Reduced power consumption (<1Kw hours per year typical)
- 360 Degree Rotation of Charger/Junction Box Panel Possible
- Options for 3NM Red and 10NM white lights
- kit is also available to convert the AC Stations to DC (Solar Powered) Stations by replacing/adding just 3 components. A kit is also available to convert from DC to AC variants