System 6 racon
SeaBeacon® 2 System 6, a frequency agile radar beacon (RACON), provides dependable service to all marine radars including those with modern narrow band receivers.
SeaBeacon® 2 System 6 is unequaled in frequency matching accuracy, consistency pulse-by pulse response and advanced sidelobe suppression.
- Greater operational range – SeaBeacon® 2 System 6 provides improvements in receiver dynamic range, receiver sensitivity, power consumption and transmitter power. Better receiver sensitivity and higher gain antennas give superior range performance with solid-state radars.
- Available with or without pressurisation – The GMU version of SeaBeacon® 2 System 6 is available with or without pressurisation. Pressurising racons with nitrogen provides added protection against the corrosive marine environment, seasonal variations in ambient temperature, pressure fluctuations, condensation and accidental submergence.
- Dual-token sidelobe suppression – Radars are identified accurately by measuring frequency and pulsewidth. Amplitude values are used to block responses to sidelobes.
- User selections – Operating parameters such as quiescent periods, trace length, active period, extended quiescent and standard response code (per IALA recommendations) can be programmed in the field using an optional hand-held keypad or laptop.
- Intelligent power management – Users may program quiescent and active time intervals to match performance and power consumption requirements. To further reduce power consumption, if no local radar is detected, the racon automatically returns to its quiescent state after a four second active period. Extended quiescent state for low traffic areas and seasonal inhibit further reduce power consumption. Periodic quiescent periods allow the radar operator to view the radar screen ensuring that no targets have been obscured by a racon response.
- Proportional scaling – Ensures length of racon trace appearing on the radar screen is generally uniform on all range settings.
- Monitoring – SeaBeacon® 2 System 6 racons can be linked, via Tideland’s NavLink®, to a manned base station for remote monitor and control functions.
- Hazardous use rating – Available for General Marine Use (GMU), NEC Class 1 Division 2 (not pressurized), IECEx/ATEX Category 2 (Zone 1) or ATEX Category 3 (Zone 2)for hazardous areas.
- Compliant to – IALA Recommendation R-101 on Marine Radar Beacons (RACONS) Edition 2 December 2004.